Getting an Import Permit is easy!
- It's free.
- The application process usually takes only 2-3 days.
- You can use it for other purchases in the future, outside of Plants Without Borders.
Here are the steps:
- Create an account on the USDA eFile portal
- Wait 15 minutes
- Log in
- Apply for Import Permit (587 Application)
- Guide to filling out the Application:
- Application/Permittee Contacts
- Confirm contact information
- Intended Use
- Intended Use > Plants for Planting
- Commodity Type > Plants for Propagation
- Select Articles
- Plant Part > All Plant Parts Except Seeds
- Country/Region of Origin > Thailand
- Find Article > Monstera (add all other genera in the order)
- Click "Add Articles to Application"
- Supporting Documentation
- Optional, skip.
- Certify & Submit
- Confirm accuracy.
- Click "Submit Application."
- Receive and Download Import Permit File
- Download the Labels for PPQ 587 File (Green and Yellow labels)
- Send us both the Import Permit file and the Labels for PPQ 587 File.
The Import Permit file looks like this:
The Labels for PPQ 587 file looks like this:
Feel free to schedule some time with us if you need help, we are happy to walk you through it.